Should I take this course?
If you’re interested in creating interactive web applications in Python then this course is for you! All levels are welcome – you’ll excel the most if you’re familiar with the basics of Python or already using Python for data analysis.
Already an advanced user? No problem! Bring your projects and your questions and Chris and Chelsea will not only guide you through your trouble spots but also teach you advanced hacks only available in this course.
What should I bring?
A few days before the workshop we’ll send out an email with a link to the workshop content, some material to download, and a list of packages to install. (We also reserve some time at the beginning of the workshop to help with any install issues!)
What will I learn?
Who will I learn from?
The Dash Master Class is taught by Chris Parmer, a co-founder of Plotly, co-author of the Plotly Python library, and creator of Dash. He knows the ins and out of Dash better than anyone else, and can help you understand how to unlock the full power of the platform, no matter your proficiency with Python.
How is the course organized?
This is a two-day course that runs from 9 am to 5 pm. Registration includes a healthy boxed lunch, sweet afternoon treats, and all-day coffee.
Please bring your projects! We’ll have plenty of time for one-on-one hands-on help.
Introduction to Dash
– What’s Possible in Dash: The Dash Gallery Tour
– Getting Started with Dash: The Dash `layout`
– A tour of available Dash components
– Architecture: How does Dash work?
– Basic interactivity with Dash `callbacks`
– Advanced interactivity with Dash `callbacks`: multiple inputs, multiple outputs
– Making Dash apps data-driven with Pandas and SQL
– All about Dash `Graph` component
– Learning how to troubleshoot
– Deploying Dash apps
Advanced Dash & Dash Best Practices
– Comprehensive guide to crossfiltering
– Styling Dash Apps: Design and CSS Pro Tips
– Concepts of `State`:
– Dash App Performance: Caching and parallelization
– Overview of Dash Roadmap – What’s going to be available this year
What are people saying?
Time & Location
TBA Feb 2019
5555 Avenue de Gaspé
Canada, H2T 2A3
We can offer discounted registration for groups of three of more. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Individual payments for Dash Master Class must be made by credit card through Eventbrite. All prices are in US Dollars. We regret that we cannot arrange other payment methods for individual tickets.
In certain cases, we may need to cancel this workshop due to circumstances beyond our control or otherwise. If this happens, Plotly will refund all registration fees for those who signed up. Plotly is not responsible for any related expenses incurred by registered attendees (including but not limited to travel and hotel expenses).
More than 30 days before the master class: 50% refund. Less than 30 days before the master class: no refund.